Do you think that
remix culture allows for new forms of creativity and expressivity? Should
you be allowed to remix other people's work in your promo video irrespective of
intellectual copyright?
I think I don’t have the right to directly copy other’s
work. However, I think anyone has the right to review previous works to get
orientated about his or her goal.
Everybody copies part of what someone else did at a certain degree.
I would say that is what is called “having an influence”. Examples? Isaac
Newton always said he succeeded in creating his theories because he was
supported by the knowledge of great thinkers such as Galileo, Albert Einstein
said something similar about Newton, and so on. The Peruvian writer Mario
Vargas Llosa is one of my favourite. He received the Nobel Prize of Literature
in 2010. In his speech, he said that even when his style was different to the
writers he had read so far, “everyone’s was included in his”.
No comments:
Post a Comment