Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Before week 3



This weekend I have been watching dozens of fundraising videos. But, this one really drew my attention. This video gave me a wider perspective of what I can do.



According to the video and other research, I created this basic structure:
1    
  First, the foundations of my organisation:

Why we exist? (our mission)

What are our goals?
“To build an audience, to build community, to attract donors”

What have the organisation achieved and how long? (our history)
“40 years…”

Who’s involved in the organisation?
“Volunteer staff, listeners, etc”


2.       How can I get funds if people doesn’t know my organisation?
First of all, to build an audience and a community (they have to know me) by:
a.       Attaching flyers in diverse spots (universities, schools, churches, etc)
                                                                           i.      What information? Based on our mission and history
b.      Having online presence (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
c.       Making a promotional video (The task for the course)
                                                                           i.      Based on our goals, mission and history
                                                                         ii.      Based on further research
                                                                        iii.      Based on interviews with different people (going directly to people and ask them what they think about the program)
1.       Listeners
a.       Spanish-speaking people
b.      Spanish learners
c.       Listeners who don’t speak Spanish but listen to the program for whatever reason (they like the music, etc)
2.       People who don’t like the program
Comments about iii:
                I think this step would give me lots of answers and invaluable material for my video (and even more), by focusing the questions on the answers I need.
               


3. Further questions.
What do you think about all this?
Is there any restriction for the use of music, even if the musical piece is too old? (How old students have solved this issue?)
What do you think is the best option: to make the video in Spanish with English subtitles or in English? (The president of the station regards it is better for me to make the video in English. I think it should be made in Spanish with English subtitles because it is aimed at Spanish speakers mainly and it makes it look more authentic. What do you think?)
Is it recommendable to request a special camera? How good is it to use a mobile? (I tell you this because I could start interviewing people in the meantime)


No comments:

Post a Comment