Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Introduction to the course

I am excited! Today is my first day in the course Introduction to Digital Media, which I believe is going to be very entertaining and handy for my future endeavours as a journalist. As things are going on in journalism, print is going to disappear and digital media will become the only source of information.

The first task is this course is to come up with a number of possible things I could promote. My passion is sports. However, there is something I would like to do: I am one of the presenters in a community radio program and we need funding in order to survive. I would like to make a video to encourage our audience to make donations or participate to get them in any way.

The first step is to establish the benefits of community radio stations. Even having adapted to live in a different country, there is always a need for migrants to have a space to listen to music and news, and to have their say in their own language. Thus, keeping their identity.

Radio is a very traditional way of communication. Therefore, it reaches a wider range of audience regardless of their ages. Even grannies have access to devices suitable for radio! (old stereos, etc)

Many people do not like commercial radio. Community radio is an option to listen to something different. Furthermore, it is subject to business restrictions.

Promotions of local activities, gigs, parties...


This is a quite good link:

http://radioboise.us/volunteer/why-is-community-radio-important/

No comments:

Post a Comment